Child sexual abuse, also called as child molestation, is a form of child abuse in which a girl or a boy who is under the age of 18 years forced into sexual intercourse with an adult or older adolescent in order to satisfy the sexual desires of the latter.Be it touching a child’s private parts to gain pleasure or forcing them to touch theirs, showing adult contents or exposing themselves naked in front of a child would also be a form of sexual abuse.
There are 1.01 crore children between the ages of 5 to 14 being made to work as child labourers in India, according to Government of India’s Children In India 2018 report which is based on Census 2011 data.
This article explains the following in an analytical manner.
- Who is a child?
- What is Child Labour?
- How children are exploited for Labour in India?
- What is the statistics of child labour in India?
- What is the nature of child labour in India?
- What are the causes of Child Labour in India?
- What are the impacts of child labour?
- What are the International Safeguards against Child Labour?
- What are the measures taken by India?
- What are the Challenges in reducing child labour in India?
- What is the way forward?