There are 1.01 crore children between the ages of 5 to 14 being made to work as child labourers in India, according to Government of India’s Children In India 2018 report which is based on Census 2011 data.
This article explains the following in an analytical manner.
- Who is a child?
- What is Child Labour?
- How children are exploited for Labour in India?
- What is the statistics of child labour in India?
- What is the nature of child labour in India?
- What are the causes of Child Labour in India?
- What are the impacts of child labour?
- What are the International Safeguards against Child Labour?
- What are the measures taken by India?
- What are the Challenges in reducing child labour in India?
- What is the way forward?
Explore the site:
Latest posts by Santhosh Kumar (see all)
- [Premium] Fugitive Economic Offenders Act 2018 – Why is it Necessary? - May 21, 2019
- 5 Simple Rules to Remember the Lapsing Bills in Indian Parliament - May 19, 2019
- Arctic Council – Why is it important for India? - May 18, 2019