Recently, the Ministry of Commerce & Industry reviewed and amended the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Policy in e-commerce in order to ensure a level playing field between offline and online sectors. E-commerce firms are needed to comply with the new guidelines by February 1, 2019.
This article answers the following questions in an analytical manner with a quick-revision mindmap:
- What is e-commerce?
- What is an E-commerce Entity?
- What are the types of E-commerce models?
- What is the salient feature of the recent amendments?
- What are the potential benefits of these amendments?
- What are the concerns with these amendments?
- What should be the way forward?
- [Premium] RTE (Amendment) Act, 2019: No-Detention Controversy - June 18, 2019
- [Updated] Draft National Education Policy 2019 – Three Language Controversy - June 17, 2019
- [Updated] [Premium] India-Maldives Relations: Complete Analysis - June 14, 2019
About the Author