Recently, the central government has appointed 9 non-governmental professionals selected by the UPSC, under the lateral entry scheme. In this context, it is essential to understand the issue of generalists vs specialists, the concept of lateral entry, and its implications for the governance in India.
After reading this article, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- What is a lateral entry?
- What is the need for lateral entry?
- How the lateral entrants are appointed?
- Is the lateral entry new in India?
- What are the arguments in favour of lateral entry?
- What are the arguments against lateral entry?
- What should be way forward?
- Generalists Vs Specialists: Who is better?
- [Premium] Fugitive Economic Offenders Act 2018 – Why is it Necessary? - May 21, 2019
- 5 Simple Rules to Remember the Lapsing Bills in Indian Parliament - May 19, 2019
- Arctic Council – Why is it important for India? - May 18, 2019