Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose was selected as the first Lokpal in March 2019 by the selection panel chaired by Prime Minister.
Indian Polity is one of the most scoring but difficult subjects. It means it is easy to score high marks in this subject if you have your facts right. But it is difficult to score if you have confused the facts and you will come back from the exam hall with regret even though you’ve prepared the subject well but failed to do comparisons…
There is growing support for abolishing capital punishment in India and it needs serious consideration since, on the other side, there has been a nationwide outrage over the series of incidents of sexual assaults of minor girls, like the one in Kathua. The Supreme Court itself admitted on many occasions that there are confusion and contradiction on the application of the death penalty.
This article explains the following in an analytical manner with a mindmap for quick revision:
- What is capital punishment?
- What is the need for capital punishment?
- What are the arguments in favour?
- What are the arguments against?
- What is the evolution of the death penalty in India?
- Why India still retains it?
- What are the protections against capital punishment in the constitution?
Child sexual abuse, also called as child molestation, is a form of child abuse in which a girl or a boy who is under the age of 18 years forced into sexual intercourse with an adult or older adolescent in order to satisfy the sexual desires of the latter.Be it touching a child’s private parts to gain pleasure or forcing them to touch theirs, showing adult contents or exposing themselves naked in front of a child would also be a form of sexual abuse.
There are 1.01 crore children between the ages of 5 to 14 being made to work as child labourers in India, according to Government of India’s Children In India 2018 report which is based on Census 2011 data.
This article explains the following in an analytical manner.
- Who is a child?
- What is Child Labour?
- How children are exploited for Labour in India?
- What is the statistics of child labour in India?
- What is the nature of child labour in India?
- What are the causes of Child Labour in India?
- What are the impacts of child labour?
- What are the International Safeguards against Child Labour?
- What are the measures taken by India?
- What are the Challenges in reducing child labour in India?
- What is the way forward?
In 2013, Chinese President Xi Jinping launched China’s most ambitious project One Belt One Road (OBOR) which involves the building of two projects namely – Silk Road Economic Belt (SREB) and a 21st Century Maritime Silk Road (MSR). OBOR later came to be known as Belt and Road Initiative (BRI). BRI is arguably the most ambitious global infrastructure project ever envisaged by one country. However, is this merely an economic project? or a geopolitical one of China? Will India get any benefit by joining this project or not? Let us discuss those issues in detail.
Compilation of all space missions under different categories like Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, etc and under different organisations NASA, ISRO, ESA, JAXA, etc.. Link is visible for members only.
The Madras High Court has recently ruled that the Lieutenant Governor (L-G) of Puducherry should not interfere with the day-to-day administration of the Union Territory when an elected government is in place.
The court argued that the continued interference from the L-G would amount to running a “Parallel government”.
This article explains the following in an analytical manner:
- What is the background of the issue?
- What is the High Court verdict?
- What was the Supreme Court’s verdict in this regard?
- Significance of the verdicts.
- [Table] Comparison between L-G of Delhi and L-G of Puducherry.